Monday, June 27, 2011

Sinbad: Call it "Mixed Race" Sauce!

"You have to call it Mixed Race sauce, or Diversity sauce..."

"But you can't call it White sauce in southern Mississippi!"

"So I got some ribs... and I'm putting tarter sauce on the ribs?"

This is from Sinbad's improv video on YouTube (I know, old school) which is pretty hilarious. I looked it up because I searched for "white bbq sauce."

No, that's not ranch dressing or tartar sauce... it's white BBQ sauce!

I was watching Food network or Travel channel, and white BBQ sauce came up on television. I have to be honest with you, it's not the prettiest sight looking at white BBQ sauce slathered all over the place on meat on a 55" crystal clear LED HDTV. But there it was, in all its glory. I've heard about white BBQ sauce before, and it's been around for a while in Alabama, but there's a reason why you don't see or hear about it all too often.

They were profiling the white BBQ sauce from Big Bob Gibson. You can find the recipe online. It's mayo-based... using a LOT of mayo, and I'm not the biggest fan of mayo. The only mayo-based sauce I'll be slathering is tartar sauce on some fried fish. But if you love mayo like Paula Deen, you'll be fan.