Thursday, August 22, 2019

Review: Mac's Outlaw Bar-B-Que Sauce

Mac's Outlaw Barbecue Sauce is a small business owned company based in North Las Vegas, Nevada -- specializing in a gourmet BBQ sauce that is all natural, low calories, and low sugar. I tested out the sauce with various recipes and it has quickly become one of my favorite BBQ sauces that I reach for in my fridge.

I've used Mac's Outlaw Barbecue Sauce as a glaze to brush over several racks of spare ribs that I smoked. The slight sweetness of the sauce was a nice complement to the pork. I've also used Mac's as a dipping sauce on many occasions, especially for chicken tenders. I've even added the sauce to ranch dressing too. Perfect for dunking chicken nuggets!


The family recipe is a nice balance of sweet and spicy, with a subtle peppery and hint of smokiness in the background. The sauce won't overpower your meat, and that's a good thing. In the future, I hope they release a version of BBQ sauce that really has a good spicy kick. You can order Mac's Outlaw Bar-B-Sauce from their website. Also check them out on Facebook and Instagram.

The Dirty Smoke Rating (4/5 stars) - Highly recommended