Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: Mr Grill Heat Resistant Grill Gloves

I can't tell you how many times I've burned myself during grilling and smoking. Okay, maybe the word "burned" is a bit excessive. More like, slight singes. I've always relied on those giant BBQ mitts to keep my hands from any excessive heat. Truth be told, I hated those things. They were clunky, didn't provide much grip, and quickly wore out its "heat resistant" capabilities. I quickly banished my oven mitts to indoor oven, cookie-making status.


Recently I came across the Mr Grill Heat Resistant Grill Gloves and they definitely keep my hands and wrists singe-free. When I first put them on, I felt like climbing the walls like Spider-Man because the non slip silicone grips were so sticky. One box comes with 2 gloves (not just one like some other ones) and they fit really snug and tight--especially around the fingers. The gloves are "one size fits most," but I can see how someone with really fat sausage-sized fingers could have some trouble fitting these gloves.

Luckily, I don't have any fat sausage fingers (not yet, anyway), so I was able to use them several times to get a good feel for them. I didn't take any selfies with the actual hot charcoal and burning flames because I didn't want my phone to suffer any unfortunate mishaps, but I did take a few reenactment pictures. The gloves are perfect for when I'm handling the chimney starter and my Weber Smokey Mountain.



Those of you living in the East coast might be suffering from just a little bit of chilly weather right now, so these gloves might provide some warmth for the fingers. Living in Southern California, these gloves kept my hands warm in 40 degree weather at night (don't hate me). Recently, I had an itch to make some spare ribs at night. I found myself gnawing on some ribs for a late-night snack. Burnt free and singe free.

Dirty Smoke rating - 4.5 out of 5 stars 
Mr Grill Heat Resistant Grill Gloves do what they're supposed to do--keep your hands and fingers from burning while BBQ'ing. They are ultra snug around the fingers with a good grip. Max temperature is 450F and they are washing machine safe. Recommended -- check them out on Amazon.com.