Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Welcome! I Wanna Be a Smoker...

A BBQ meat smoker, that is!

After reading this article, and checking out all the the great info by the online experts, I made the plunge and ordered a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker (or, WSM for short). It's an R2D2 look-a-like BBQ smokin' machine. I can't wait for it to arrive, which is hopefully before Memorial Day weekend.

Prized possessions


Most of my BBQ experience consists of grilling on a Weber kettle grill and an indoor cast-iron griddle, cooking mostly hot dogs, burgers, steaks, and chicken. But it's about time to move up to the big boys -- briskets, ribs, and pulled pork, etc. I want to cook low and slow. I want to eat tender, juicy, melt-in-your-mouth smoke flavored meat.

I'll be blogging about my BBQ adventures along with some of my experiences eating out, home cooking, or just anything else food related. I'm no BBQ expert, pitmaster, or trained chef. I'm no stuck-up, wannabe food critic or restaurant reviewer using big words. Easy to read, and no dictionary required. I'm just a regular guy who loves to cook, eat, and talk food, especially when it comes to BBQ. Thanks for joining me on this BBQ journey, or simply just stopping by.